Always remember to use fresh water (preferably filtered). Filtered water will prolong the life of your machine and you will get the most flavor out of your beans.
- Use a scale to measure your coffee dose. (19 grams of coffee)
- Distribute the coffee evenly in the Portafilter so that it is flat. Use your finger if necessary.
- Press the coffee into the Portafilter with a pressure of 10-15 kg. make sure that the coffee is level inside the Portafilter. This is more important than pressure.
- Adjust your grind size to get the full weight of your drink (38 grams)with an extraction time of approximately 27 seconds. The extraction time is controlled by your grind setting, so it's worth experimenting with. The size of your grind determines how long the coffee will take to extract. A finer grind creates more surface area for the water to run through. It can create a stronger flavor, but this is mainly determined by the extraction time and, not the grind itself.
- For a balanced cup, give the espresso a quick stirwith a spoon to mix the layers
Dosage: 19 grams of coffee for double espresso
Brewing weight: 38 g
Brewing time: 27 seconds
Grinding degree: Very fine.
Water temp: 93° C.
Water pressure: 7 bar